Long Distance Runaround
Kiss And Say Goodbye
Things & Stuff
Neal Boortz - Neal's Nuze
says thank you.
In The City
2006-11-29 - 10:58 a.m.
Been watching ADAM-12 on DVD again. My roommate Charlie works security, and he drives a great deal. Everytime they mention some landmark I say to myself, "I bet Charlie knows where that is."
Well, last night I tried to sleep and couldn't, so I went into the living room and watched a few eps. And sure enough, an address came up and Charlie said, "I know exactly where that is."
Sometimes it's good to be right.
I cribbed this from Mark Evanier's blog. He says it's making the e-mail rounds, but I had never seen it. It's too good not to share.
- Do not walk behind me. Do not walk ahead of me. Do not walk beside me. Just leave me alone.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
- It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
- Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
- Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
- Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- Duct tape is like "The Force." It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
- Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Brin could (kinda) tell you about that last one.
Also kind of relating to this title...
In the Don't Look, Ethel Dept.:
Britney Spears decides to show off her wax job.
Most definitely NOT safe for work. Or your libido.
Today's title comes from an original recording by our own Bob Chance. He's rerecording it for a producer, with someone we all know as vocalist.
And no, it isn't me.
Be seeing you.
2 comments so far
Requiel - 2006-11-29 14:49:55 - http://requiel.diaryland.com
EWWWW!! Is that for real or is it faked? How could she be so stupid as to show all her stuff to photographers? YUCK!
Brin - 2006-11-29 15:38:24 -
What do we learn from Britney's Bald Beaver, anyway? That she's capable of getting her twat waxed without major anaesthesia? Are we better people because we know that now?
Previous - Next - Leave A Note - Random
THE LEGAL STUFF: All content on this site that was created by me is copyright 2006-2011 Dave Marron. This diary features the sole opinions and experiences of one person, namely me, the person who is paying for the space. All incoming email is subject to publication or other distribution by me in whole or in part at my sole discretion. Anything else on these pages including any comments belongs to whoever created it. In the interest of safety and accountability, no anonymous comments will ever be allowed here, ever, for any reason in the entire history of ever. The comments section is part of my paid presence on the web, and is used by my readership to supplement the things I have written here with relevent information in a polite manner. Comments that do not fall in that category are subject to deletion at my whim. Your use of my comments section constitutes the understanding of this statement. If you want to leave a comment and you're not a member of Diaryland, go here. If you are a Diaryland member, here's the login screen. News excerpts used here are for educational purposes and are permitted under the Fair Use Doctrine.