Long Distance Runaround
Kiss And Say Goodbye
Things & Stuff
Neal Boortz - Neal's Nuze
says thank you.
What's The Name Of That Song?
2009-01-07 - 11:28 a.m.
Fun stuff going on at work. Much of it I can't talk about. Suffice to say, I'm putting some recent training to good use.
Brin tagged me for this meme last night. Here's the deal:
Take your iPod or music program or whatever. Do a random shuffle. Pick the first twenty songs, excluding instrumentals, and write down their first lines. Post them, and let people guess the songs in the comments section.
So I did. Some are easy, some are hard. The one marked with the asterisk has the title in the first line, so I put down the first line of the first verse. This will give you an idea of what I like:
- I used to be such a sweet sweet thing till they got ahold of me
- I had myself a tall one waiting at the bar
- Here come the jesters - one, two, three
- When I saw her on the corner, then I knew I was a goner
- When the night has come and the land is dark
- Darling, I don't know much but I know I love you so much
- Hello my love, I heard a kiss from you
- I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
- I got a pocketful of quarters and I'm headed to the arcade
- * I keep looking for something I can't get, broken hearts lie all around me
- I'm just mad about Saffron, she's just mad about me
- If I could reach the stars, pull one down to you
- She holds the window down and she talks over the sound
- All last summer in case you don't recall
- I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
- How, how can it be that a love carved out of caring, fashioned by fate
- You wander around on your own little cloud
- I hear tell it's far away but no one goes there now
- Well, she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina
- As I lie awake, resting from the day
Good luck, and remember - no search engines allowed.
John Stossel talks here how, when it comes to Ponzi schemes, Bernard Madoff is an amateur.
And Walter Williams, always brilliant, talks here about how powerful the rich actually aren't.
At the Change.gov website, Barack Obama promises that there will be no earmarks included in his new stimulus package.
Let's see if Congress lets him keep that promise.
In Ontario, the largest university workers' union is suggesting a ban on Israeli professors, "unless they explicitly condemn the [Islamic] university bombing and the assault on Gaza in general".
Turn this around. What if a JEWISH union proposed a ban on MUSLIM teachers, for the same reason?
Mike Scioscia has received a contract extension that will keep him with the Angels until 2014.
No word yet if Scott Boras wants his "cut".
I like this judge. We need more like him.
Okay, that's enough. Good luck with the lyrics.
Be seeing you.
3 comments so far
Mel - 2009-01-08 00:28:47 - http://mel-is-dvash.diaryland.com
I got Mellow Yellow, by Donovan, but I just can't place any of the others. *sigh*
Bob - 2009-01-08 01:56:40 - http://shadowgm.diaryland.com
I got "Stand By Me" and "I Hope You Dance" (at least, I *think* that's the title). -- As for the earmarks, it would seem that's not going to be possible unless Obama's going to wield a big veto pen or get Congress to give him line-item power (and we know what the odds of THAT happening are).
Brin aka Bindyree - 2009-01-08 16:50:50 - http://bindyree.diaryland.com
Okay here goes. 3. Rock And Roll Fantasy -- 5.Stand By Me -- 7. Strawberry Letter Twenty Three -- 9. Pac Man Fever. Those are the only ones I know, other than some that others have guessed. I hope you post the answers! :-)
Previous - Next - Leave A Note - Random
THE LEGAL STUFF: All content on this site that was created by me is copyright 2006-2011 Dave Marron. This diary features the sole opinions and experiences of one person, namely me, the person who is paying for the space. All incoming email is subject to publication or other distribution by me in whole or in part at my sole discretion. Anything else on these pages including any comments belongs to whoever created it. In the interest of safety and accountability, no anonymous comments will ever be allowed here, ever, for any reason in the entire history of ever. The comments section is part of my paid presence on the web, and is used by my readership to supplement the things I have written here with relevent information in a polite manner. Comments that do not fall in that category are subject to deletion at my whim. Your use of my comments section constitutes the understanding of this statement. If you want to leave a comment and you're not a member of Diaryland, go here. If you are a Diaryland member, here's the login screen. News excerpts used here are for educational purposes and are permitted under the Fair Use Doctrine.