2009-09-21 - 11:59 a.m.
Well, the weekend was a good one here at Chez Too Old.
The Angels took two out of the three from the Rangers, dropping their "magic number" down to seven with thirteen games left in the season. Remember, that number is any combination of Angels wins and Rangers losses, so it's possible that the Angels could clinch by the end of this week.
There's one last home game at the Stadium on a Thursday. I'm thinking of going.
It's an afternoon game, so I'll likely do the bus thing again.
Saturday I spent most of my time at home. I did go to Disneyland for a bit, but I didn't ride anything - I just walked.
Scot Bruce was playing, so I caught his show and took some pictures for Brin.
Sunday held the possibility of a split-shift due to an employee not showing up for work. But as it turns out I wasn't needed, so I stayed home and played with the kittehs.
Also on Sunday, I found a metric ass-load of clips from Whose Line.
I also watched more Dragnet 1968 on IMDb's link to Hulu.com. It's kinda fun seeing some familiar faces on these old programs: Virginia Gregg, Burt Mustin, William Reynolds, Tim Donnely (who later played Chet on Emergency!)...oh, and a very young Jan-Michael Vincent.
And Kent McCord, who of course later went on to do Adam-12.
Speaking of THAT, a little girl who promised not to tell on a school-mate was played by a very young Jodie Foster.
And speaking of getting older...
From my daily joke mailer comes this:
25 Signs You've Grown Up
1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry & divorce instead of hook up and break up.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because those darn kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You no longer drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you.
Well, I need to get some lunch...
That's not what I had in mind.
Be seeing you.
0 comments so far
Previous - Next - Leave A Note - Random
THE LEGAL STUFF: All content on this site that was created by me is copyright 2006-2011 Dave Marron. This diary features the sole opinions and experiences of one person, namely me, the person who is paying for the space. All incoming email is subject to publication or other distribution by me in whole or in part at my sole discretion. Anything else on these pages including any comments belongs to whoever created it. In the interest of safety and accountability, no anonymous comments will ever be allowed here, ever, for any reason in the entire history of ever. The comments section is part of my paid presence on the web, and is used by my readership to supplement the things I have written here with relevent information in a polite manner. Comments that do not fall in that category are subject to deletion at my whim. Your use of my comments section constitutes the understanding of this statement. If you want to leave a comment and you're not a member of Diaryland, go here. If you are a Diaryland member, here's the login screen. News excerpts used here are for educational purposes and are permitted under the Fair Use Doctrine.