Get your own
 diary at! contact me older entries newest entry


Long Distance Runaround
Absolutely Right
Kiss And Say Goodbye
The Tube
Never Surrender

Things & Stuff


Daily Reads

Neal Boortz - Neal's Nuze
Mark Evanier
James Hudnall
Anonymous Speaks

Repaired Cat
says thank you.

Original Set-Up,
Maintenance, and
HTML Goddess:
Brin-Marie McLaughlin

Subsequent Tweaks:
Dave Marron

Waiting For A Star To Fall

2008-06-10 - 1:00 p.m.

Day off today. The Grad Night schedule has really messed up my own schedule, and I find myself working days that I usually don't and getting my days off shuffled about.

So today is laundry day, and then I'm going to the Angels game.


Remember a few days ago when I said "circling vulture" was an apt metaphor for Hillary?

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks so.

And there's your title link.


Barack Obama is calling for a windfall profits tax against the oil companies.

Thing is, who do those profits really belong to? Not the CEOs. They belong to the stockholders. And who are those stockholders? According to this study, only about 1.5% of stock is owned by the owners. As for the other 98.5%, "[t]he data show that ownership of industry shares is broadly middle class, with the majority of industry shares held by institutional investors, often on behalf of millions of Americans through mutual funds, pension funds and individual retirement accounts."

So who is going to get hit the hardest by a windfall profits tax? The middle class - right in the retirement fund. Money will go from their hands to the poor to help them pay for "skyrocketing energy costs"...which, again, is Congress' fault.

Oh, and the report was done by Bill Clinton's undersecretary of commerce for economic affairs - a gentleman named Robert J. Shapiro.


Speaking of Congress...

Corn prices are at a record high...but that has nothing to do with ethanol, right?

Or other high food prices.


Suddenly, Saudi Arabia wants to know why oil prices are so high.

Well, gosh...higher worldwide demand and their refusal to increase production has nothing to do with it, right?


Pakistan has asked the European Union to change the laws regarding freedom of expression so people cannot offend Islam.

Gee, if the religion can't stand up to being insulted, change the rules. Sounds like some politicians I know of.


I have much to do today. And this also includes giving Solange her flea medication. seeing you.


2 comments so far

Brin - 2008-06-10 20:03:49 -
Good luck with Flea Day!


Bob - 2008-06-11 00:27:12 -
Fine. They want us to respect Islam? We'd like it very much if they stopped blowing crap up. When they stop acting like insane, hate-filled mad bombers, perhaps they'll get a better response. Gotta give some to get some. Sheesh.


Previous - Next - Leave A Note - Random

about me - read my profile! read other DiaryLand diaries! recommend my diary to a friend! Get
 your own fun + free diary at!

THE LEGAL STUFF: All content on this site that was created by me is copyright 2006-2011 Dave Marron. This diary features the sole opinions and experiences of one person, namely me, the person who is paying for the space. All incoming email is subject to publication or other distribution by me in whole or in part at my sole discretion. Anything else on these pages including any comments belongs to whoever created it. In the interest of safety and accountability, no anonymous comments will ever be allowed here, ever, for any reason in the entire history of ever. The comments section is part of my paid presence on the web, and is used by my readership to supplement the things I have written here with relevent information in a polite manner. Comments that do not fall in that category are subject to deletion at my whim. Your use of my comments section constitutes the understanding of this statement. If you want to leave a comment and you're not a member of Diaryland, go here. If you are a Diaryland member, here's the login screen. News excerpts used here are for educational purposes and are permitted under the Fair Use Doctrine.